Mobility Plan 2040: Connecting People and Places has been adopted!
For more information please visit the Mobility Plan 2040 website.
Regional Mobility Plan Archives
A part of making the planning process more transparent is being able to see how the process and the discussion have changed over time. Below you will find past versions of the Regional Mobility Plan (formerly the Long Range Transportation Plan).
- 2009: 2034 Regional Mobility Plan
- 2007: 2030 Long Range Transportation Plan Update
- 2006: 2030 Long Range Transportation Plan Update
Below you will find the current plan as it was adopted in 2013.
This plan was adopted by the TPO Executive Board on April 24, 2013. It was endorsed by the East Tennessee South Rural Planning Organization (RPO) on April 12, 2013.
The plan was amended by the TPO Executive Board on March 10, 2015.
Summary of Amendments
Quick Info Fact Sheets
The Mobility Plan and the transportation planning process are often complex and confusing, with a lot of dense material to try to digest. We want to make it as easy as possible to learn about the process. To do this we will be releasing a series of brief Quick Info fact sheets, meant to give you a quick overview of some part of the process. Let us know if there is something you find confusing and we will try to add a fact sheet to simplify it for you.
- Mobility Plan Vision, Principles, and Strategies
- Commonly Used Acronyms
- Commonly Used Terms
- Mobility Plan Survey Results
- Transportation Planning Areas in East Tennessee
- Understanding the TPO Process
- East Tennesseans are Spreading Out
Mobility Plan Projects
You can select any of the documents below to look directly at Mobility Plan projects that are most relevant to you.
- Active Transportation Projects
- Anderson County Roadway Projects
- Blount County Roadway Projects
- Jefferson County Roadway Projects
- Knox County Roadway Projects
- Loudon County Roadway Projects
- Roane County Roadway Projects
- Sevier County Roadway Projects
- Union County Roadway Projects
2040 Long Range Regional Mobility Plan
Sections of the Regional Mobility Plan are listed below. The plan is available as one large PDF file or you may choose to download the plan by sections if you experience problems downloading the full file.
Full Mobility Plan (With Appendices) (26MB)
Mobility Plan (No Appendices) (13MB)
- Chapter 1: A Little Background
- Chapter 2: Facts and Trends… Our Changing Region
- Chapter 3: Getting Around in the Region Today
- Chapter 4: You Spoke and We Listened
- Chapter 5: Looking to the Future – Projections and Priorities
- Chapter 6: Evaluating the System
- Chapter 7: Managing the System
- Chapter 8: Projects
- Chapter 9: Financial Plan
- Appendix A: Adoption Letters
- Appendix B: Commonly Used Acronyms
- Appendix C: Commonly Used Terms
- Appendix D: TDOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Policy
- Appendix E: Full Outreach Data
- Appendix F: Response to Comments on the Draft Mobility Plan
- Appendix G: Socioeconomic Control Total Projections Report
- Appendix H: Model Documentation
- Appendix I: Congestion Management Process (CMP)
- Appendix J: Project Application Form
- Appendix K: Air Quality Conformity Determination